lördag 15 februari 2014

google drive, svn and git

Svitri has worked on visual novel and connecting it to the main menu.

It looked vey funny, I wish I had a video of it now when I'm writing. Well maybe next time.

Now this post will become a bit techincal.

First of all. I got help from unity forums superfast, already next day a dude had solved my problem about instantiation and stuff.

Google drive, is where we currently keep our files. We haven't had a system before about where we should put stuff so today we worked our a system so that we easily can upload our stuff to google drive so that evereything works fine.

But there is a lot of small problems with google drive. If I would work on a file that is part of the game and Svitri would work on the same file, then if I would upload it and he would upload his, there is no easy way to mash them together so that they both can be in the same game and it's hard to keep track on what files work with which files to do what. So instead of doing stuff like that, my friends helped me to understand svn and git.

Apparently with git we can upload files and easily attach a date and other files so that you easily can change  your files to older versions THAT WORKS LIKE THE OLD VERSION. It's a bit 'complicated' but if you have tried working on a software project with people on google drive you may understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway I've learned some git commands and how it works, so I'm going to download their client and try it out, then show it to Svitri.



Peace!

//Tistou B.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar